Mariposa is the Spanish word for butterfly, a wonderful symbol of transformation. I help people transform their photo “messes” in to curated photo collections.
A Certified Photo Organizer (CPO) is expertly trained in photo management and memory preservation and uses the most up-to-date techniques and industry best practices for curating a photo and video collection.
We scan all types of paper documents including diplomas, birth/death certificates, recipes, and letters in addition to slides, negatives and even artwork, scrapbooks and memorabilia. Almost anything is scannable or photographable.
I work with clients in MAC and non-MAC environments. And if you have a non-MAC computer with MAC devices, we work with that too.
- Beautiful photo books for various occasions (e.g., anniversaries, graduation, trips, “year in review” and birthdays)
- A private online photo gallery to share with family and friends around the world.
- An external hard drive for each of your children filled with their childhood photographic memories.
While most of my clients live in the Chicago area, I do travel to clients who live farther away as needed. Some of my services are conducive to a virtual relationship so some projects can be completed without ever meeting face-to-face.
I work flexibly. Some clients give me their collection to take back to my studio where I work my organizing magic independently. Some clients have me come to their home to work side by side with them, going down memory lane and organizing the collection together. Some clients prefer a combination of teamwork and independent work. I customize each project to the client’s needs and wants.
Schedule a 15 minute complimentary phone consult with me so I can learn about your hopes and dreams for your photo and video collection. After that, we would schedule an initial session so that I can get to know your photo collection and come up with a plan to reach your photo organizing goals.
There are so many benefits to having an organized photo and video collection. Each of my clients finds benefits unique to their own situation but there are many they all share. Here are just some:
- You can easily find the photos you want to enjoy and share your treasured memories.
- You can enjoy your photos rather than feeling like they are one more thing to manage.
- You will have peace of mind knowing your irreplaceable photos and videos are safe and secure.
- You won’t worry about losing your photos and videos in the event of a natural disaster or computer crash.
- It’s much easier to create special projects with an organized collection (e.g., montages, photo books).
- An organized collection will tell the story of your family’s traditions, values and memories.
- Damaged or faded photos are restored and brought back to life.
- Your legacy will be preserved.
In summary, an organized photo and video collection is available, shareable, manageable and enjoyable for now and generations to come.
We all need a little help now and then. Sometimes, we have projects that are very important to us, but we simply can’t find the time we’d like to devote to them. You can avoid the overwhelming effort of organizing a lifetime of photos by having an expert lead you through the process collaboratively or take care of the entire project for you.